Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Flash Fiction - 5MinuteFiction - Week 64

Here's my older entries in the #5MinuteFiction contest hosted by Leah Petersen

*tissue warning*

Prompt: It was the look in your father’s eyes that finally convinced me.

It was the look in your father’s eyes that finally convinced me. It convinced me that it was time to let go. I had held onto this pain for so long, not wanting to give it up, thinking by doing so I was giving you up. Giving you up wasn’t an option.

I had fought for you for so long. Through all the tests, through all the procedures, through all the pain, you were the focus, the goal … and once I had you, I didn’t want to let you go.

I kept you as long as I could, as long as God allowed, but it was so short, so, so short. The pain of losing you was indescribable and something I don’t think I will ever quite get rid of, but your father is right.

It’s time to move on, never to forget, but to move on. I’m pregnant again, with what I hope is your little sister. Keep her safe until she is able to join your father and I. You both are so precious to us.

Momma loves you, sweetheart. I hope to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment