Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday and Menage and Writing...

Oh my - vacation was great. I had such a good time with my husband. I didn't get a lot of writing done (hardly at all) but it was nice just to decompress from everything. Sure Vegas is pretty busy but I didn't have to worry about work calls or sending out docs, just relaxing and enjoying myself.

This week I'm also trying to get back into flash fiction again. My friend, the ever awesome @caramichaels reminded me that too often we give up on ourselves. If we can't commit to an hour of writing a day, do what we can, even if its 15 minutes or a half hour.

So here I sit, before I start my creative writing class, and I managed to put together an entry for her #MenageMonday contest. I need to get back into the swing of things, especially with Nano quickly approaching (Can you believe OCTOBER isn't that far away?!).

I am going to try to do #MotivationalMonday too but I'm not sure how much time I will have.

In the mean time, here's my entry for #MenageMonday for today, 9/17/12

Title: Coffee Break

The house stood as a silent sentinel as I put my bags in the car. It wasn't much of a house, but it was mine for the moment. The 'for sale' sign glared brightly, accusing me of breaking apart the family that once lived inside.

It wasn't my fault that Allen was an asshole who decided that Cindy, the barrista at his favorite coffee shop, was a tall drink of water that he just had to sip. No, it wasn't my fault that his dick seemed to prefer her coffee, but it was my fault that the house was for sale.

He never thought I would've gone to the same coffee shop. It was strictly by accident, in the big city we lived in, that I pulled in the same day that Allen was there, mid-taste and up against the back of the building with Cindy.

Allen was lucky I didn't dump my latte on him, but the coffee there was just too good to waste, even on him.

Guess I'll need to find a new coffee shop in Arizona. I'll suffer for awhile in the heat, but it was a new start for the new season of my life.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment