Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Irresistably Sweet Blog Award

So, I got a message from my friend Kimmydonn today saying that she's passed on The Irresistably Sweet Blog Award to me. This is very cool as this is the first blog award I've ever gotten (and based on my blogging habits, probably the only one I'll get. LOL). 

Here's what I was told was the rules of said award:
1) You link the person who sent it to you
2) List seven random facts about yourself
3) Pass the award on to 15 other awesome blog buddies
4) Contact them and let them know
Okay, first one - link to the person who sent it to you. That's done. The link to Kim's blog is above. She's got a book coming out soon through Martin Sister's Publishing. She also operates the picture prompt blog I post on. She's tres cool.

Number two - list seven random facts about yourself. Joy. I have to talk about myself. Let's see....
1. I'm left handed although I do many things with my right hand too (like use scissors...)
2. I'm very sarcastic.... to the point I sometimes have a hard time turning it off.
3. All three of my pets are rescues and any future pets will be rescues as well
4. I took the long scenic route to a college education and finally graduated with a business degree last October (with honors!)
5. I love to cook and have often considered taking culinary classes at the local community college... that and photography classes, art classes, etc....
6. Every spring I plant a garden in our backyard. I love having fresh veggies and herbs. I make a fresh salsa or pico de gallo all summer long. This year I have three types of lettuce, two types of tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, banana pepper, cucumber, strawberries (they come in every year now), white onions, radishes, sugar snap pears, broccoli, cabbage, basil, cilantro, and rosemary. They are all outside waiting to be planted. I need to get out there this weekend and get everything in the ground.
7. I sang at Carnegie Hall in NYC when I was a senior in high school. It was a part of the Mid-American productions that had high school, college, and church choirs sing at Carnegie. It was a grueling audition process that we spent weeks practicing after school. It was worth it however. I have a picture on my wall of us on stage there. How many average joes can say they've performed at Carnegie Hall to a paying audience?

Okay for the third thing - Hmm.. I'm kinda lame with blogging so I don't have a lot of blogger buddies yet, and unfortunately, some of the ones I'd send this to have already been tagged by Kimmydonn.  So, I will update this post when I have my list together. :)

Onward...

No comments:

Post a Comment