Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lucky 7: Guardians

So there's been this new blog thing going on called "Lucky 7" and I've just been tagged by my good friend and much better author Jen DeSantis


Here are the rules:

  • Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript
  • Go to line 7
  • Copy down the next seven lines/sentences as they are. No cheating! 
  • Tag 7 authors to join in the fun.





My excerpt comes from my current, much abused, WIP, Guardians. I consider it much abused as I have not had the time to devote to writing like I had been. My attempts at #WIP500 by Cara Michaels started out well but I've definitely been sputtering. Enjoy what is here, and hopefully by the end of this year I might actually have it done.


"I was so little when my actual parents died and I don’t remember much about them.”
David scratched his head, an apologetic look on his face. “Man, I am really going about this the wrong way. I wasn’t trying to make you upset.”
“I know. It’s okay.”
“No, it’s not. Let me make it up to you. Meet me for lunch later this week after you’ve had a chance to settle in. I can show you around town a bit and give you the five cent tour.”
Alana considered his offer, trying to determine if he was going to act like a jerk again if she agreed.



And now for the tagging ... my list of unsuspecting victims.


1. Kimberly Gould
2. Rob Pruneda
3. Steve Umstead
4. Leah Petersen
5. Heather Hall
6. Maria McDonald
7. Kathleen Doyle


Let the carnage begin!

2 comments:

  1. I'll post my 7 lines here as I'm not sure I'll get a blog post ready any time soon.

    “Well, I can do that. I have been already. I can't believe no one's been able to take you down.”
    “They have, Heph, four times already. I'd rather not make it five.”
    “What do you mean?”
    “Nothing, just do this for me? Please?”
    “Sure. I can do that. So, you really are a girl. That's not just a handle.”
    I can't help but laugh. “You're thinking about what I look like right now, aren't you?”
    “Well, yeah!”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are mine!

    “It’s eighteen years from now, Jake. Eighteen years. Can we let this go for now?”
    I looked away.
    “I’ll tell Blaine we’re waiting,” he said, “But I’m not going to tell him ‘no.’ You understand that’s not an implied ‘yes’?”
    “I understand.”
    And I did. But my gut twisted and I couldn’t say anything more. I was still very scared.

    ReplyDelete